Sunday 29 December 2013

Christmas

I drove home from Eynsham on Christmas eve, driving into the driveway just at the moment that my Dad got home, so that was good timing! With my parents, I went to the Carol service at Christ Church which was lovely and it felt good to be back at my home church and to see everyone there.
My brother, John, arrived in the evening to stay the night ready for Christmas day morning. It was so good to all be together as a family. We went to church together on Christmas day, when Father Christmas even made an appearance! (Although he had an uncanny resemblance to my Dad - I wonder why?!)

Christmas day was lovely. It was just like old times, spending the day together, sharing gifts and eating good food. The only bad bit was that Mum and I failed to beat Dad and John at 'The Logo Game' causing massively over the top victory celebration from my Dad!


Messing around with my brother and the cat.
I also got a chance on Christmas day to call some of my friends in Uganda which was lovely. This Christmas cant really have been more different than it was from my Christmas last year when I was in Uganda. It was so lovely to spend it with my family again, but I've also really missed my 'African family' this Christmas time. 
On Boxing Day, my grandparents joined us for lunch and we had a good laugh about my Mum's habit of giving weird gifts. This year they included a hay bale and a bag of compost!

We saw my Grandparents again on Friday evening when we joined them and my Uncle's family for Chinese and games - this time we avoided the crazy victory celebration by beating the men in a men vs women game of 'His and Hers'. We did however discover that my uncle know's a worrying amount about skirts!


Team 'Man' getting into a game of 'His and Hers'
This evening we're off to the other side of the family - to visit my Aunt on my Dad's side and her kids and grandkids, and then I'm off to Eynsham again on Tuesday for New Year celebrations.

Pray this week for...
- Me as I try to get an essay written
- Safety as I travel around this week


No comments:

Post a Comment