Sunday 6 July 2014

SPREE

With 2 days to go until I fly to Uganda, I've managed to misplace my voice...

This weekend I was at 'Spree' - an event run by Urban Saints that we took some young people to. It was brilliant and was great that as leaders we didn't have to worry about organising and  running it! We spent most of Saturday in the swimming pool, with general swimming before lunch, and water polo afterwards! The young people then took part in a massive water fight and had a go on a big outdoors water slide. It was really good to get to meet some people from different backgrounds and lots of people who had come over from the mainland (that's exciting news to islanders!) and for all of our young people to mix with other Christians their age, hear some teaching and share in worship together.

Water Polo at Spree
For the rest of the week I've been preparing to leave for Uganda for the next couple of weeks. I've trained up a couple of my helpers to lead Rock Solid whilst I'm away, and tried to get everything organised for the upcoming events that we're inviting our young people to. I also helped out at toddler group again this week (I thought I was a 'youth' worker?!) and 'all the rest' that's not really worth blogging about...

So tomorrow I leave the island ready to fly out to Uganda on Tuesday! I'm not sure yet whether I'll get a chance to write a blog whilst I'm there, but I'll make sure to take plenty of pictures. I'm so excited to see everyone that I haven't seen in over a year, to hopefully visit one of the schools that we used to teach at and to watch Alex and Beni get married. Its also a bit scary though because a lot will have changed in the past year, so I'm anxious to see how my relationships with lots of people will be different and how it will feel to be back in Uganda again. And I'm hoping that my voice will return soon! Prayer would be much appreciated for that, and for good health in general, also for safety and most importantly that God's purpose for this trip would prevail :)

Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment