Friday 31 October 2014

Being a Nomad

In the past 4 months I've slept in 11 different beds (and also on 3 different floors!) in 4 different countries and I haven't spent more than two weeks in one place since June! So although it's the end of October, today for me kind of feels a bit like the end of summer... according to my calendar I now have just over a month to try to get back into some sort of routine before I'm off again!

The whole summer has been quite an adventure, but even just the past two weeks have been absolutely incredible and I'm so grateful to God. Last week, in the 'chat time' at our youth group, I had planned to go through the rules and to do a short talk about the fact that God is everywhere... God had other ideas, and somehow I found myself explaining what it means to give your life to Jesus, and then leading a bunch of the young people in a prayer to do just that! (That'll make a great illustration one day, for a talk about God's plans being better than our own!) I just praise God so much that he would use someone like me to do something so amazing, I love getting to be a part of what he does and to get to see him at work in so many ways.

This past week I've been up in York staying with my best friend at uni. Its been such a perfect week and I'm so thankful to God for blessing me with such an amazing person to call my best friend. York and the people I met there were beautiful, and part of me is a bit gutted that I don't get to have that experience, or even just to get to live with Clare all the time! (walking around campus I couldn't believe the number of people our age that were in one place - I think I know about 3 other people on the island who are in the same school year as me!) 

with Clare
Despite that, I was actually really excited to get back to the island... there's nothing better than knowing that you're where God wants you to be, and after seeing what happened last Monday evening I'm super excited to see what God has planned for the next few weeks. This week we're just about to launch a kids club and a cluster group where we can have more time to explore what it means to follow Jesus with the young people.

Doing life God's way is just like one massive, never ending adventure and I love it so much! :)

My youth work blog is usually updated on Sundays - have a read about the work I do on the island at http://gunvillemethodistyouthwork.blogspot.co.uk/

___________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment