Saturday 26 October 2013

I Don't Like Fruit Tea

After a relaxing week on retreat last week, I've been back to work this week.
I did manage to put off work over the weekend, with a meal out on Friday evening with a friend and some new people (which may or may not have involved watching an S-club 7 movie...!) I spent Saturday pottering around the island with a friend and then we had a family service on Sunday so I had no youth group to run.


Inevitably though, Monday morning came around once again and craziness resumed. We had our weekly YFC prayer breakfast and meeting which was good, and afterwards Dan and I planned a video that we needed to film. We're planning to show it at a youth event called Catalyst that we're running on Friday.
I did some bits of planning and organizing in the afternoon, and I had a lovely evening having dinner with a couple from church.


I got up bright and early on Tuesday morning (well, it was still dark!) at 5am, and left the house at 5.45, not to return for almost 16hours. On the journey to Moorlands, we shot some of the film (about detectives trying to uncover the reasons behind someone's actions) and continued the filming when we arrived before our first lecture. This involved wondering around college dressed in silly outfits and getting some odd looks from students who had just rolled out of bed!
After a long day at college we headed back to the island, and enjoyed watching a lightening storm from the ferry. I went straight into Newport for safeguarding training, where, as well as having my safeguarding knowledge refreshed, I learnt that I don't like fruit tea!


After a good night's sleep and much procrastination, I planned a meeting and then finally got around to a bit of essay writing, accompanied by a Percy Pig feast and a cup of tea (Thanks Mum!)


In the evening Brian from Uganda was online (which is a very rare occurrence!) and was able to skype, so we chatted until 2 in the morning (4am Uganda time!) It was so special to get to chat to him for such a long time as usually we are restricted to phonecalls which can get expensive so they never last long.


Brian on skype
On Thursday I had more planning to do as I'll be talking at our Light Party next week. I also had a few meetings, one of which was about a new youth club that we're starting after half term. They all went really well and I'm looking forward to the new youth club in a couple of weeks.

Friday was Catalyst day, so after doing some prep for other things in the morning, I headed out to help set up for Catalyst which is a youth worship event that YFC run about once a month. We had a lot of stuff to set up and I had the very important task of cooking dinner (pizza) for a lot of hungry musicians and youth workers. Catalyst went really well and I think it's safe to say that I was suitably embarrassed when we played the video that we filmed on Tuesday!

I'm now in Basingstoke for a few days as it's my Dad's birthday on Sunday. Once I arrived this morning we went for a walk along the river together and a cream tea which was lovely. I'm really looking forward to going to Christ Church tomorrow and to catching up with everyone and spending some time with Mum & Dad :)

Please pray this week...


- That I'll enjoy my time off at home
- For a safe journey to Southampton on Tuesday
- For me and the rest of the team as we run our light party on Thursday. Pray for me as I give the talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment