Friday 7 March 2014

Spring is Coming!

I've just arrived back from school where we run a lunch club on Fridays. This week was the first one of the year when the weather was good enough to allow us to actually play games! 
The sun is finally starting to make an appearance, as are the daffodils which is beautiful.


Its been brilliant in the past couple of weeks to start to see my youth work here growing. We had more new people come along to Rock Solid on Thursday, and although we haven't had any takers for free cake at The Space youth cafe, its good to finally see it happening after so long just as an idea on a piece of paper, and the team are optimistic that if we persevere long enough, it will take off. This week I walked up the road with a tray of free cakes as the schools were finishing to encourage people to come in.

I preached in church on Sunday  on Joshua 1 and I've had lots of great feedback from that. Its really encouraging when people actually tell me what they learnt and what they're doing about it, so I know that they must have really taken something away from it. It was also used as my 'assessed preach' for Moorlands, and I got top marks which must be a good sign!

After looking at our 'vision and strategy' in our team meeting at YFC, I decided that I probably ought to do one for my youth work at Gunville. Its quite exciting to start to look at even more possibilities for the future and how we can take forward what we've already achieved here.

I rediscovered the joys(?!) of living on an island on Tuesday when Phil and I managed to miss 2 ferries in one day! Never mind - it was pancake day, so that made up for it. I made a start on the next essay - this one is on Exodus and might take me a while... I've also been to a bunch of meetings this week (although I did escape church council because it was the same night as Rock Solid!), I helped out at DofE and also made my youth group room comfy and pretty with sofas and fairy lights.

If you're interested in my work here as a YTP student, I keep a blog for GMC (Gunville Methodist Church) at www.gunvillemethodistyouthwork.blogspot.com

Thanks so much to everyone who prays for me...
This week I'd love some prayer for...

  • The Space - pray that we get some young people coming along
  • Thank God that Rock Solid is growing and pray it will continue to go well
  • I have a few important meetings this week so pray that they will go well
  • Pray for my Dad who is ridiculously busy at the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment