Tuesday 15 April 2014

Easter Holiday!

Last week I organised a car wash for some of the young people I work with. They spent a couple of hours working hard to wash lots of cars to raise money for Smile Uganda and they made me very proud! After that, I jumped on a ferry and came home for Easter :)

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve had the absolute blessing of being able to spend time with my closest friends and family – something that doesn’t happen very often any more!
Last week, Clare came down to Basingstoke, and when we weren’t baking, singing and catching up with people, we took a trip up to London with Mum and Dad to see the Lion King in the West End. It was something that I had wanted to see for ages, so with tickets from my birthday, we finally got to see it and it was absolutely phenomenal!

Lion King!
After a couple of days of essay writing and procrastination, I got to go to my home church which is always lovely. I feel like Christ Church has changed a lot in the time that I’ve been away since I moved to Uganda and then to the island, but what’s great is that it still feels like home every time I go back.

That afternoon I drove up to Eynsham (The Centre of the Universe!) to stay with Clare. Eynsham is a place that feels more and more like a home from home every time I go. Clare’s family are brilliant and I love spending time there.

Andrew joined us in the evening and we went into Oxford on Monday to meet Esther and Joe – so 5 of the 6 ‘Uganda gappers’ were reunited! We very rarely all get to be together, and we missed Finch a lot, but we had such a lovely day. We enjoyed a picnic in the sun and miraculously no-one fell in when we went punting! It was exciting to be able to say ‘see you in Uganda!’ when Joe left, as the next time I see him will probably be in Entebbe airport in July!

Esther, Joe, Andrew, Me & Clare


Well after another few hours stolen with Clare I made my way back to Basingstoke this morning (I was very proud of myself for remembering the way home without my sat-nav!). I’m back to essay writing for a couple of days, but looking forward to spending time with Mum & Dad and catching up with other old friends from around here.

Time with people you love is such a precious thing and I’m learning not to take it for granted and to really appreciate it when it happens. I’m so lucky to have some truly incredible people in my life and just so grateful for the time that we get to spend together every now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment