Saturday 26 April 2014

Back to the Island again

Last week (apart from the essay writing!) was lovely. I love being at home and just being free to do whatever I feel like doing, I love spending time with my parents and curling up on the sofa with them in the evening to watch a terrible film, I love going back to my home church and catching up with everyone. I love seeing the ridiculous things that get my Dad excited - like finding a new charging point for his electric car! In all honesty, I found it really hard to come back to the island!

Messing around with Dad

I had a long drive on my own to the ferry from Moorlands on Tuesday and then another long drive from the ferry to my Host Home afterwards, so I turned the music up loud so that I didn't feel silly talking into silence and I had a long chat with God all the way back. and by the time I arrived I was feeling a lot more optimistic about the next term here.

At Rock Solid - my Thursday youth club, we had such a brilliant evening. We have a great group of girls and they're all really starting to open up now that they're getting used to each other and to the set up of Rock Solid. Every week we have a short time of discussion in the middle of the evening. This week the girls got so into the discussion that it overran past the next activity and right to the end of the evening! Its so exciting to see them engaging so well in thinking about real life issues and being open with each other and encouraging each other.

It's times like that that remind me why I'm here and I'm really so excited to how see each one of those girls grows and develops over the coming weeks and months.

Thanks for praying!
Take a look at my youth work blog at www.gunvillemethodistyouthwork.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment