Saturday 9 August 2014

Daydreaming

Well this week has brought me back to Basingstoke, but not before a bit of travelling around!
I've done some admin work with the Church of England in the past, and this week they offered me a bit of work in Bournemouth. Somehow I managed to complete all the work by Wednesday afternoon (even with a day off on Tuesday for a YFC social on the island)... So I've had an unexpected couple of days off this week!

I was on the island on Tuesday, so I spent the morning cleaning my room (and my car which seemed to have half a beach in it!) and packing. In the afternoon we had an end of year social event with everyone from the island YFC team plus other halves and families, complete with kayaking (and swimming for some) for those who wanted to, and a lot of food!

So after finishing work on Wednesday I headed up to Basingstoke and that's where I've been for the past few days. Its been really nice to spend time with my parents who I'm always so blessed by, and to have some chilled time to recharge a bit after a very busy month or so! Its also given me time to think though... and as usual my thoughts go in the direction of my heart and I daydream about beautiful people with beautiful hearts, in a beautiful country that is a painfully long way away.

Sometimes I ask God why I can't just go back to Uganda now? ...and he gently reminds me that his plans are SO much bigger than mine, and I can't ask or imagine what he has in store for me. For now, I have to trust that his plan is better than my own, and that what I'm doing here at the moment is important too, because the wonderful young people I'm working with right now are just as important and just as in need of the love of Jesus as the precious lives I daydream about 4000 miles away.

This coming week we (the island YFC team) are taking two coach loads of young people from the Isle of Wight to a Christian festival called Soul Survivor. I know that God will have some big plans for this week and I'm so excited not only to spend the week worshiping and having fun with thousands of other people who love Jesus, but I'm also excited to see what God will do among the young people that we have the privilege to take along.

No comments:

Post a Comment