Sunday 4 May 2014

A Taste of Uganda

This week has been a strange one. I feel like I've spent a lot of time in a bit of a 'Uganda bubble', which is lovely, until I remember that I'm 4000 miles away! But the countdown is speeding up and its just 65 days now until I'll be back.
On Saturday I ran a 'Uganda evening' at church; talking about Uganda and giving people a chance to try some common (homemade!) food, learn a bit of the language and have a go at a few other things. I absolutely love talking about Uganda, so for me it was great, and I hope that those who came along enjoyed it too.

Serving homemade Posho and Beans (akawunga n'ebijanjaalo)
Other than preparing for the Uganda evening, I've had a pretty normal week with my usual youth groups and a couple of meetings. Rock Solid is still continuing to grow and we had two more new girls on Thursday... that makes for a lot of pre-teen girls in one room!

I also got to Skype a couple of friends this week and it was nice to hear about what they're up to at uni.

Next weekend we're running another weekend away for 12 and 13yr olds from all over the island. We'll be having lots of fun and also getting the chance to think about who Jesus is. I also need to get an essay written and to finish my portfolio... so pray for a productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment