Sunday 11 May 2014

RS Weekend Away

I've been writing another essay this week, but the family that I live with have loads of kayaks, so last Monday I took a break from my essay to go sea kayaking. Being on the sea was very different from the flat water paddling that I'm used to, but it was brilliant to be out on the water again for the first time in far too long and to get lots of tips from Pete about how to paddle in waves.

I also had all of my usual groups and meetings which you can find out more about by clicking here, and apart from an evening walk by the sea, I filled up all of the rest of my time with uni work. Finally, on Friday afternoon I finished, so I've now completed all of my assignments from my first year of uni... that is a very good feeling!

On the beach on Tuesday Evening
This weekend I've been at the Westbrooke Centre in Ryde, running 'Rock Solid Weekend Away' with the rest of the YFC team. We ran the weekend for young people in year 8 from across the island. It included all kinds of activities like wide games, late night swimming, lots of incredible food, watching someone drink a blended happy meal(!) and some great teaching and discussions about Jesus... the real fun though, began after all the kids had gone to bed and us leaders challenged each other to table wrestling among other things!
Also, on Saturday, we welcomed loads of other young people just for the afternoon and we ran 'RS Quest' - a competition all afternoon with lots of challenges and games. Fortunately the weather was a lot better than expected! It was great to have some of my girls from Rock Solid come along to this and to see them enjoying it so much.

So now I'm very much looking forward to an early night and a week free of essays!

No comments:

Post a Comment