Sunday 8 June 2014

Hello Sun

Over the past couple of weeks I've had the joy of getting to see lots of friends from lots of different places. I went home last week as I had no youth groups over half term. Its always a blessing to get to spend lots of time with my family and to see some friends from home that I don't see very often.

At home with the family :)
Unfortunately, holidays never last forever and I was reluctant to get back on the ferry on Sunday evening... but God's been blessing me this week too :)
I had a spontaneous visit on Wednesday from Esther and a couple of her friends who wanted to see the island. It was so lovely to see Esther, and was also great to meet some new people. We had a picnic on the beach and a very yummy cream tea too!
With Esther
On Friday I had the challenge of cooking for 25 people as we've had a mission team from the Jubilee Training Centre (all the way from the Mainland!!!) on the island this weekend they all came along to help us to run our 'Emerge' youth event. Well dinner went well, and Emerge was even better! I loved having the opportunity to meet new people and we had a brilliant evening worshiping God with a bunch of brilliant young people.

This morning, I had the privilege of leading a group of young people in leading our service at church. It was themed around worship and it was so brilliant to see these young people sharing their stories, their faith and their gifts with the rest of the church. It made me very proud! Later on we all walked up to a big BBQ put on by the team from Jubilee. We had a great afternoon playing games in the sunshine. 
We wandered back down to Newport I had a chat with one of my best friends on the phone from Uganda; a blessing its very difficult to ever take for granted!

If you fancy a few more juicy details about my youth work, I keep another blog here so please have a read of that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment