Monday 16 June 2014

I'm not good at doing nothing

I've had a pretty chilled out week this week.
We had our payer breakfast with the team from the Jubilee Training Center on Monday before they left to go back to the mainland. It was great spending some time with that team last weekend - apart from anything its just nice to have some new people my age on the island to get to know, but they were a great bunch of people - so passionate about God and about seeing his transformation among young people.

I've had a couple of usual youth groups this week and some meetings and bits, but I've still found myself having what feels like more time on my hands than usual - something I'm definitely not used to, so I actually really missed going to Moorlands on Tuesday! Over the rest of the week I decided that I would try to make better use of my free time. I've been for a couple of walks by the coast - I sat and watched people paddle-boarding the other day - silhouetted against the sunset which was beautiful. I've spent time reading and I've had some time to just chill with God. I've also spent time with friends; in person on the island (usually with either food or tea involved!) and on Skype and the phone to those further away.



On Saturday, Pete and I took to the water again in the sea kayaks. We paddled around some of the East of the island, and Pete challenged me to paddle all the way around the island over the next couple of years while I'm living with him and his family. Whilst we were out, we got caught in a spot of torrential rain which was fun! It was amazing to be on the water while it was raining so heavily, and to watch all the rain drops bouncing off the surface of the water.



So I guess that this week I've been learning to relax, and to "Be still and know that I am God". I'm not very good at doing nothing, but I think that God wants me to remember to rest in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment