Monday 2 September 2013

Getting ready for the next adventure!

I can't quite believe it's only been a week since Soul Survivor! Last week I was back to work at the Diocese of Winchester doing lots of admin work for a big conference which is happening this week. It's been very busy but has been great experience and its been really good to get to spend some time there with the people that I was working with in the summer before I went to Uganda last year. I also had a chance to go out with some friends and to spend most of Friday baking too which I really enjoyed (especially 'testing' the brownies after they were cooked!)



This weekend I drove over to the Isle of Wight to visit the people and the church that will soon become my new home. I'm due to move in next week and to work with the church as a youth worker, whilst also studying for a degree at the same time. This is all through Youth for Christ who run a Youth work Training Program with Moorlands Bible college. We had a church picnic on Sunday afternoon which was a lovely chance to start to get to know people. Being me, I ended up chatting to a woman on the ferry crossing on the way back to Southampton and had a lovely chat with her all about my time in Uganda as I just love to talk about it all the time!
I'm really looking forward to becoming a part of the church that I'm moving to and to building relationships there. We've got a few ideas planned, but I'm so excited to see where God will take us in the next few months and to find out what he's got planned for us.

So this week will be my last week officially living in Basingstoke, although I will be back for a few days next week with some of the people from my Gap Year.

If people are up for praying for me I'd really appreciate if you could pray for me when I move - that I'll get to know people really quickly and make some good friends, and also that God will be able to use me right from the start.


No comments:

Post a Comment