Sunday 29 September 2013

The New Starts Continue!

  And just like that another week has gone by already!
Last weekend was very exciting because I picked up my new car! I also got a chance to put some photos up in my room and write some letters to some friends (I'm a big fan of handwritten letters over emails). We didn't have a preacher at church so we passed around a microphone and lots of people shared what was on their hearts. It was unconventional but brilliant and I think that God spoke through the things that people said.

I shared a verse in Psalm 27 that I first read in Uganda at a time when I really needed to hear it, and I've come back to a lot in the past year. Verse 14; "Wait on the Lord, be strong and take heart, and wait on the Lord"
  In the afternoon we went for a walk along the beach with the dog who very much enjoyed chasing her frisbee into the sea! Personally I didn't feel like a swim, but I did very much enjoy the view :)




  From Monday to Wednesday I was back at Moorlands for study skills (how to write an essay / make footnotes etc.) This week the campus based first year students moved in, so the atmosphere was quite different. It was lovely to spend more time with the people on my course (we escaped to the pub both evenings!) and to meet more people. On Friday I had a meeting with our Methodist minister and had lunch with him and his wife and my placement supervisor which was nice. In the evening YFC on the island had a celebration and commissioning event. It was the first time that the whole of the core team had been together and it was a fantastic evening. Among other things, we ran around the church pretending to be monkeys, played "Jesus says" (Instead of Simon says), sang some worship songs and were prayed for.
  On Saturday I drove over to Niton to visit my parents who were on holiday with their friends there. It was lovely to see them although a bit surreal to be a tourist for the morning! We had a good catch up and it was good to spend some time with them.
  This morning we celebrated Harvest at church with a messy church event instead of Sunday school, so we had a few more kids than normal, and we got very messy doing things like vegetable printing and making bread to celebrate the harvest gifts that God has given us.


  Please pray for me in the coming week as I start to try to get some of our visions and ideas to become realities. Pray that God will give me his patience and wisdom, and also that I'll continue settling well and making friends.

For those who have been asking to see photos...




My room
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment