Sunday 8 September 2013

So here I am!

So here I am in my new room, in my new home on "The Island"! I moved in yesterday and managed to get all of my stuff sorted out pretty quickly which was good and I'm settling in really well so far.
This week has been a bit crazy as I've been travelling all over the place, or it feels like I have. On Tuesday I drove up to a little place near Derby for a conference that I've been helping to organize at work over the summer. I was there for the first couple of days just to help out with admin and make sure that everyone who was expecting a room had one! On Wednesday afternoon I managed, by some miracle, to find a direct train from Derby to Basingstoke at just the right time, so that was great and it got me home in time for dinner and a pampered chef 'Ready steady cook' evening with Mum in aid of a local charity called The Pink Place. We even won a big box of chocolates in the raffle - result!
I spent most of Thursday packing up some things from my room to take to the Isle of Wight, and on Friday we went out for a meal as a family with Mum, Dad, John and Catherine which was really lovely.
Saturday was 'moving in day'. Mum came over with me in the car and went home in the late afternoon.
Today was my second week at church as I was here last weekend too. I was properly introduced and had the chance to warn everyone that I never stop talking about Uganda! The whole church prayed for me too which I appreciated. We haven't started a youth group yet but I went to help out with Sunday school where I got to meet all the kids and we learnt about Moses and made a burning bush by drawing around our hands on lots of different coloured bits of paper and sticking them together.
In the afternoon I had an invite to lunch which was lovely - brilliant food and company to match. We went out for a walk along the beach after lunch. I feel so blessed to be living here in such a beautiful place with such lovely people (so far anyway!).
I know the coming weeks and months will undoubtedly have their challenges, but at the moment I'm feeling very excited about the fun we can have and the things we can achieve if we're willing and have the courage to do things God's way. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment